Calvary Christian School Deer Park was established to provide a quality academic education integrated with the Biblical principles set forth in God’s Word. Calvary Christian School Deer Park’s objective is to offer parents of the community an option to be able to give their children a Christ centered education. Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” Calvary Christian School Deer Park’s focus is to partner with parents and assist their children in accomplishing a successful Christian based academic education that will endure for their lifetime.
The educational philosophy of Calvary Christian School Deer Park is based on a God-centered view of truth and man as presented in the Bible: Since God created and sustains all things through His Son, Jesus Christ, the universe and all life are dynamically related to God and have the purpose of glorifying Him. This is pointedly true of man, who was made in God’s image, different in kind from all other creation, with the unique capacity to know and respond to God personally and voluntarily. Because man is a sinner by nature and choice, however, he cannot, in this condition, know or honor God in his life. He can do this only by being born again through receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and thus be enabled to do God’s will, which is the ultimate purpose of his life.
Education comes both from God’s command that children be taught to love God and place Him first in their lives, and from the fact that parents are responsible for the total education and training of their children. At the parents’ request this Christian school, along with the church, becomes a partner in providing this education.
All policies of the school, philosophies of subjects, curriculum materials, and teaching methods shall conform to our philosophy of Christian education.
At Calvary Christian School Deer Park, students will be provided with academic preparations in all traditional subject areas, as well as with biblical and Christian training.
Calvary Christian School Deer Park will prepare its students to be:
· Life Long Learners who demonstrate reliance on God, and set realistic personal and academic goals
· Critical Thinkers who carry out problem solving skills from a distinctively Christian worldview
· Effective Communicators who express themselves and their faith in worship, speaking, listening, reading, and writing
· Healthy Individuals who understand their identity in Christ as a unique individual created in the image of God, and are physically, emotionally and spiritually fit, practicing good health habits and wise use of their body as the temple of God
· Community Participants who understand God’s influence in history and world events, and realize their need to practice responsible citizenship through community service
· Spiritually Growing Individuals who have experienced the grace and transformational power of Jesus Christ and the Word of God through the work of the Holy Spirit in their lives